The one where SinnoFramework was revealed

When I first wrote about my feeling of a need of a tool / framework which would improve speed of creating new software, I haven't told that I already had made an attempt at creating such a software. I did, and it took me almost a year of full time development time. The time put into creating this software paid back as I already have used it in three commercial products and it really reduced time-to-market by factor of 2 or 3.

There is just one problem with my first approach: it's hard to find developers wanting to work with my tool. You see, after some time I have found out that I basically made a copy of Salesforce / Sharepoint. You have a Java Spring application, running on some server, and "developer" by using "development view" could "click and script" his application without writing any java code.  The thing is: Java developers want to write Java code,  not to sit in front of the gui interface and make mouse-driven-development. Other problems are related to the tool itself:

  • developing locally and merging with "master" solution was hard, the best approach was that everyone was logged into the same master app on server - forget git for branches..
  • attaching the tool into already existing app was almost imposible.
Currently I'm thinking about different approach. Instead of building "database driven configurable monolith with reusable components", build set of small interchangeable libraries supporting common development tasks, which are able to be injected into existing applications too if necessary.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The one where Kamil sees problem with typical software development approach

The one where Kamil says hello